Saturday, July 9, 2011

Barcelona


The past three have been busy, busy, busy!  Thursday my friend and I took the bus from Sitges into Barcelona and took the Barcelona city bus tour.  I had no idea Barcelona was so big.  There were people and cars everywhere! 

Some of my favorite things in Barcelona were:
  • ·      Looking at Goudi’s artwork
  • ·      Eating the delicious napolitanas
  • ·      Shopping
  • ·      Taking a tour of the famous Barcelona Futbol Stadium





Friday we decided to relax and hit the Sitges beach.  The beach is beautiful, with its white sand and crystal blue water.  When we returned from the beach we celebrated Elana’s 13th birthday (the daughter of the family I am staying with.)  Maria (Elana’s mother) made a wonderful chocolate cake and a variety of other desserts.  After the birthday celebration I was ready to go to bed, but no we hadn’t even eaten dinner yet!  This was at about 10:30 pm… Eating dinner at 11:00 pm is something I definitely have to get used to – I hope it’s not like that in Frankfurt!

Today Maria took everyone into Barcelona for lunch.  We also went to look at Parc Guelle – also one of Gaudi’s masterpieces.  This park/sculpture was originally built on private property and later transformed into one of Barcelona’s most famous public parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment