Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Espana


And the adventure begins! Yesterday my plane left for Barcelona Spain at 12:00pm.  We had what was supposed to be a quick layover in Atlanta turn into about a four-hour layover because our plane was late arriving from Rome… I was a little nervous knowing that our plane had just flown from Rome and literally 45 minutes later was heading back overseas, but nevertheless I made it! 

I am traveling with a fellow UWEC classmate and we are staying with his family in Sitges, Spain.  Sitges is a small city located on the Mediterranean and about 30 minutes from Barcelona.  The drive from the airport to Sitges was rather interesting… no speed limits on windy mountain roads.  Let’s just say I closed my eyes more than once.  

Once we dropped our stuff off at his cousin Maria’s flat, we went to explore downtown Sitges.  I am off to bed now – running on 42 hours of no sleep is not very much fun, but there is just too much to do and see! Tomorrow we are taking the bus to Barcelona, which I am really looking forward to.  Buenas noches!    

No comments:

Post a Comment